Ottavio Caruso wrote:

> I am also aware that there are bug reports still open with Pulseaudio
> and profile mismatch with wireless headphones.
>
> Before investing almost £200, I wonder if I can have any feedback on
> this model. I am using Debian Buster.

Did you try to do pairing and configuring without whatever desktop overhead
you might have - in bluetoothctl.

I spent a lot of time in recent years with bluetooth and HSP/HFP (most
likely you want HSP and not HFP) and yes there are issues with bluez5 and
pulseaudio.
Basically the issues are related to automatic handling of profiles - the
symptoms you describe fit this plague.
Perhaps it would be good to remove the ~/.pulse directory first and reboot
to make sure there is no old stuff inside. Remove also pairing on the
desktop. Pair again after reboot and make sure you have setup your desired
profile as default. (It is not clear which you prefer - A2DP or HFP.) Most
likely you want to have HSP, but you get A2DP as it is configured by
default.
I found out it is useful to set up the profile in pavucontrol, but Gnome
s**ks so if this does not help use bluetoothctl to configure the profile
for the device manually - you'll need to read some help or howto.

I had these exercises few years ago when I setup HSP/HFP with my mobile
phone, so that I can use the desktop/headphones to dial out and make phone
calls. So my experience is not the same as yours and I do not have the head
phones mentioned by you.

Also be careful with the links refering older distro versions (didier gaumet
mentioned) it could be they refer to Bluez4 which is completely different.
For example
http://www.bingshui.org/tech/bose-headphones-on-linux/
"First, create a new file: /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf with the following
contents" etc. does not apply to bluez5

good luck and best regards