On 5/28/21 12:58, Gokan Atmaca wrote:
>> Is your '/etc/crypttab' file properly populated?
>
> There is no encrypted volume.
>

> On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 9:37 PM john doe <johndoe65...@mail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 5/28/2021 8:31 PM, Gokan Atmaca wrote:
>>> Additionally I found something like the following in the dmesg logs.
>>>
>>> [Fri May 28 14:14:19 2021] x86/cpu: VMX (outside TXT) disabled by BIOS
>>> [Fri May 28 14:14:20 2021] r8169 0000:06:00.0: unknown chip XID 641
>>> [Fri May 28 14:14:22 2021] device-mapper: table: 253:2: raid: Failed
>>> to run raid array
>>> [Fri May 28 14:14:22 2021] device-mapper: table: 253:2: raid: Failed
>>> to run raid array
>>> [Fri May 28 14:15:25 2021] hdaudio hdaudioC0D2: Unable to bind the codec

Allocation      inherit is the default (inherited from the volume group) if
you did not specify an allocation rule in the lvcreate command that
created the volume group. Based on my experience and existing volume
groups, it also is the default for vgcreate command if nothing else is
specified.

The above also shows "LV Status NOT available". That likely indicates
that the volume group was not activated at boot. That would prevent use
of the logical volumes for anything and probably explain the device
mapper messages shown above.

As Reco suggested in a later reply, it would be helpful to see the
output of both vgdisplay -v and pvdisplay.

It also might be helpful if you could show the exact commands you used
originally to set up the RAID environment.

I realize that may be impossible, but wonder if you defined a raid0
device on top of the LVM logical volumes using external raid management
software. My understanding is that while that might be possible, the
usual way to create raid under LVM is to specify it by type when
creating the logical volume. In this case, for (partly made up) example:

vgcreate vg2t /dev/sda /dev/sdb
lvcreate --type raid0 -name lv-stg --size 16700GiB vg2t

This would result in one logical volume, /dev/vg2t/, split between the
two physical volumes (assumed here to be /dev/sda and /dev/sdb but maybe
different on your system), with total storage of about 16.3 TiB. I guess
that allocation would be first from /dev/sda and, when that is
exhausted, /dev/sdb. Other allocation rules could be specified in the
vgcreate command (and inherited by the logical volume) or the lvcreate
command. With the very different sized disks involved, it is not clear
that would be useful.

Regards,
Tom Dial