Hi,

On Wed, 23 Jun 2021 12:26:46 +0200
"Thomas Schmitt" <scdbac...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Michael Lange wrote:
> > > https://web.archive.org/web/20151223114027/http://digitalx.org/cue-sheet/
> > > cdrskin: FAILURE : In cue sheet file: Multiple occurrences of FILE
>
> Reco wrote:
> > cdrskin(1) says:
> > a *single file* which is given in the sheet by command FILE.
>
> Indeed. cdrskin expects a single FILE command in the CUE file.
> That's how i have read the CDRWIN CUE descriptions years ago.

> The above web page about cue-sheet says
>   "FILE commands must appear before any other command except CATALOG.
>    This rule contradicts the examples on this site: Note"

thanks for pointing this out, looks like I should have read more
carefully.

(...)

> The case of a 1:1 relation between input files and tracks is served by
> the cdrecord-ish style of submitting multiple track sources and the
> non-cdrecord option input_sheet_v07t=.
> See the man page of cdrskin for input_sheet_v07t= and the example
>   Write audio tracks and CD-TEXT to CD:

Actually I had thought about that first, but wasn't able to find a way to
add pregaps to the audio tracks, should I wish to do so.
Now looking again I saw the sao_pregap command which might do exactly
that (I'm not 100 per cent sure about its usage, though). I tried a dummy
run with the following command:

cdrskin -v -dummy -eject dev=/dev/sr0 -sao speed=10 track1.wav \
        sao_pregap=75 track2wav sao_pregap=225 track3.wav track4.wav

Is my assumption correct that this will add a 1-second pregap before
track2 and a 3-second pregap before track3 and no pregap before track4?
Or did I get that wrong?

> Further there is an example at
>   https://sources.debian.org/src/libburn/1.5.2-1/doc/cdtext.txt/#L600

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Best regards

Michael

You!  What PLANET is this!
        -- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0