Am 09.07.21 um 21:40 schrieb Greg Wooledge:
On Fri, Jul 09, 2021 at 08:37:03PM +0100, Brian wrote:
On Fri 09 Jul 2021 at 15:05:20 -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:

On Fri, Jul 09, 2021 at 08:41:17PM +0200, Joerg Kampmann wrote:
Hello - I tried to install ffmpeg (a normal Debian package) and got some
strange messages. the ffmpeg-group adviced me to go to a Debian group. I
hope I am correct here in this group.

I am running Debian 9 on a Fujitsu TX 100 S1 computer ...
This is not the current stable release.  You may wish to *consider*
upgrading, as running older releases tends to be incompatible with
the desire to install recent versions of web browsers, video players,
and other large and complicated packages.
The OP says:

   Hello - I tried to install ffmpeg...

This is on Debian 9. Either it installs or it doesn't. It did for me.

Not being the current release seems neither here nor there.
We shall see.

I have a theory that they tried to add buster sources (or
buster-backports, or some third-party repository meant for buster)
because they wanted newer stuff than was available in stretch or
stretch-backports.  Frankendebian ensued.
Frankendebian???