Hi,

On Mon, 12 Jul 2021 13:16:13 +0200
<to...@tuxteam.de> wrote:

(...)
> Your network clearly *thinks* it is up. What makes you think your net
> doesn't work? (not that I'm doubting your perception, but a more precise
> symptom description might shed some light on the problem).

well, as you may have guessed I am completely stupid when it comes to
networking :)
The symptom, as far as I can tell, is that just any attempt to connect to
the internet failed. Trying to ping my desktop machine from the laptop
just gave me "Destination Host Unreachable" messages. With ifconfig I
could see that no IPv4 address seemed to be assigned. And trying ifdown
followed by ifup was not possible, because ifdown seemingly refused to
work.

> What does (either) "/sbin/route -n" or "ip route show" say?

Oddly, now, without me consciously doing something, except running the
commands Reco and you suggested, the network seems to work again.
So either one of these commands did some magic or something running in
the background fixed whatever issue there was.
The network still works after a reboot (I had tried rebooting several
times before, without effect), so I guess I'll never now what caused
these troubles and how they were fixed.
(the output of your commands looks normal now I think, so there is no
point in posting it here).

Thanks, and best regards

Michael