Hello,

On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 04:31:11PM -0400, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:
> My personal opinion is that Debian is going into a mostly "we got the
> best idea in the world but forgot that not everyone implement things the
> same way".

I recommend understanding the issue before putting forth an opinion.

> I currently have a different partition for my /usr and this has been the
> case since the end of 1990s when I started on Linux. Maybe I'm wrong but
> I like it this way.
>
> Will the merge-usr cause myself problem ?

No. Not as long as you use an initramfs created by any of the
supported Debian tools like initramfs-tools or dracut, which you
will do unless you have gone out of your way to do something
different.

And regardless of merged-/usr, /usr on separate partition has not
been supported in Debian without an initramfs since the stretch
release in 2017.

I think all of this is quite clearly explained in:

    https://salsa.debian.org/md/usrmerge/raw/master/debian/README.Debian

which is linked from:

    https://wiki.debian.org/UsrMerge

If you think it's not then you should probably raise a bug against
the usrmerge package with your suggested edits/clarifications.

Andy