Hi,

On 2021-08-02 3:35 p.m., Gunnar Gervin wrote:
> Hi again.
> This is an unusual question &/or project, maybe utterly stupid, maybe
> temporary:
> I bought a 1 TB external SSD (Intenso) for later commercial use -in my
> company.
> Meanwhile I want to use it for something else: To burn an entire Debian
> distro on it.
> I guess it`ll be more than enough space to let it stay afterwards.
> Points of doing it:
> 1. After the Big job is done, less time to lose each time a program is
> needed.
true
> 2. More security that necessary software is available, even if software
> is off internet

not so true
will still be needing to contact the security updates repository to keep
yourself up to date.
> Any advice, suggestions, or thoughts in this matter? Is it not new at
> all, just trivial?
plain trivial
will need to use the command line

debmirror --all --getcontents --progress --verbose --method=http
--dist=buster,buster-updates,buster-backports
--section=main,contrib,non-free --arch=amd64,i386 --rsync-extra=none
--source --i18n --keyring /usr/share/keyrings/debian-archive-keyring.gpg
--root=debian --diff=mirror --host=debian.mirror.iweb.ca /mnt/mirror/debian

replace /mnt/mirror/debian with the folder of destination
replace debian.mirror.iweb.ca with your local mirror

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside