Hello all,

New to debian lists, though not to linux.

Im unsure where and how to post a bug, or whether it really is a bug as I can't really find other specific debian cases of it and if it is a bug, I would expect more reports of the problem,

I have an iscsi config setup with targetcli.

In the default config, reboot leads to that configuration being lost. It needs to be restored with

#targetctl restore /etc/rts... etc

This problem appears to be more common (though I didn't run into other debian cases), and I've solved it for my system using more or less the steps described here:

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/iscsi-lio-targetcli-no-config-after-reboot.52966/

Though I had to explicitly point the config to:

/etc/rtslib-fb-target/saveconfig.json

A blank:

ExecStart=/usr/bin/targetctl restore

As specified in the systemd script in the linked proxmox guide didn't work for me, I needed to specify

ExecStart=/usr/bin/targetctl restore /etc/rtslib-fb-target/saveconfig.json

To get the described setup to work.

Seems to me that installing targetcli-fb should really also install and activate the at boot service by default?

Thanks,
EJ