On Mon  2 Aug 2021, at 11:48, Dominique Dumont <d...@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 27 July 2021 18:07:53 CEST Gareth Evans wrote:
> > Given that these are all fixed in Bullseye (and at least the grave
> > apt-listbugs issue has been fixed in eg Ubuntu since March 2020 [1]) why
> > not also Buster?
>

> According to runc security tracker, a fixed runc is available for buster,
> albeit in buster's security repository.

Thanks Dominique, do you have a link for this please?  All I can find is

https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/runc

which includes

"available versions
buster  1.0.0~rc6+dfsg1-3"

and in the section following that, the ~rc6 version is apparently vulnerable on
Buster to all open issues listed (at the time of writing), including
CVE-2019-16884 complained of by apt-listbugs.  I can't see any reference there
to a security repo version, and my system doesn't find it, even after adding
the line suggested in "keeping secure" [link below] to sources.list

> I guess that security repo is missing from your /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> See https://www.debian.org/security/#keeping-secure for instructions.

I already had a couple of references to security repos (do they all point to
the same thing?) but added the line suggested anyway - but no change even after
reboot and a second update.

$ sudo cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb https://deb.debian.org/debian buster contrib main non-free
deb https://deb.debian.org/debian buster-updates contrib main non-free
deb https://deb.debian.org/debian-security/ buster/updates contrib main non-free
deb https://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports contrib main non-free
deb https://security.debian.org/ buster/updates contrib main non-free
deb https://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates contrib main
non-free

$ sudo apt update
Hit:1 https://security.debian.org buster/updates InRelease
Hit:2 https://deb.debian.org/debian buster InRelease
Hit:3 https://linux.teamviewer.com/deb stable InRelease
Hit:4 https://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates InRelease
Hit:5 https://deb.debian.org/debian buster-updates InRelease
Hit:6 https://deb.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates InRelease
Hit:7 https://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports InRelease
All packages are up to date.

$ sudo apt install docker.io
grave bugs of runc (→ 1.0.0~rc6+dfsg1-3) <Resolved in some Version>
 b1 - #942026 - runc: CVE-2019-16884 (Fixed: runc/1.0.0~rc9+dfsg1-1)
Are you sure you want to install/upgrade the above packages? [Y/n/?/...]

Tracker still shows that CVE and two others as open security issues in Buster.

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/runc

and

$ apt policy runc
runc: