Hi,

On 2021-08-13 8:00 a.m., Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 01:53:44PM +0200, deloptes wrote:
>> Gunnar Gervin wrote:
>>
>>> (Later upgrade to 64bit if I can).
>>
>> I am not sure if you can upgrade 32 to 64bit OS. AFAIK you reinstall
>
> This is called a "crossgrade" sometimes (a portmanteau of "cross" and
> "upgrade").  It is NOT supported.  However, some advanced people have
> done it.  There's a wiki page about it.
>
> I've never done it.  I've never even ATTEMPTED it.  I would not
> recommend it, particularly to a novice.

Seems to be quite complex, first adding x64 architecture to your system,
then dealing with the problem that some base package can only be
installed in one architecture at a time, afterward there will be the
configuration part plus kernel.

Seems to me much easier to reinstall (after user data backup) than doing
a crossgrade.

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside