Hola David

> Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 1:22 PM
> From: "David Wright" <deb...@lionunicorn.co.uk>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: iwd: Using iwd to connect to a wireless network (Part 1 -
> Connection status show OK but unable to surf the net)
>

> So the WiFi's SSID is whitecollar (all lower case)?

Si SeƱor

> > [Security]
> > PreSharedKey=a long string of alphanumeric characters
> > Passphrase=aquickbrownfoxjumpsoverthelazydog
>
> I take it that you edited in the passphrase, and iwd wrote
> the PreSharedKey into the file itself?

Yes, before I submitted my post to lists.debian.org, I changed my passphrase to
aquickbrownfoxjumpsoverthelazydog

> > [IPv4]
> > Address=192.168.30.115
> > Netmask=255.255.255.0
> > Gateway=192.168.30.1
> > Broadcast=192.168.30.255
> > DNS=8.8.8.8
>
> Where did you get the number 115 from?

My dear David, I plucked it out of thin air. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa?? I
could have just typed 130 instead of 115.....

> It's claimed that iwd can do DHCP itself. For this, you'd drop
> the [IPv4] paragraph above, and instead put
>
> [General]
> EnableNetworkConfiguration=true
> into /etc/iwd/main.conf (create if necessary).

Yes, I think ArchLinux's wiki mentions that starting with iwd's version 0.9,
the latter can do DHCP...

> > Please note that I have disabled IPv6 by adding the line
> >
> > GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="ipv6.disable=1 quiet"
> >
> > to /etc/default/grub
>
> It's claimed that iwd only configures IPv6 if you have
>
> [Network]
> EnableIPv6=true
>
> in /etc/iwd/main.conf.

That's absolutely correct. In fact according to the same ArchLinux's wiki, with
iwd, support for IPv6 is disabled by default.