Hi,

On Sat, 2 Oct 2021 03:55:50 -0400
lou <loushanguan2...@sina.com> wrote:

> Could you give me commands that record sound being played?

apart from the solution using alsaloop Dan already pointed out, there is a
rather simple way to do this with Alsa's OSS compatibility modules:

sudo modprobe snd-pcm-oss
aumix -v R

Explanation:
The first command loads the oss-compatibility drivers (snd-pcm-oss and
snd-mixer-oss); to automatically load these drivers on each boot, just
add the line

snd-pcm-oss

to /etc/modules .

The second command sets the main Volume channel (-v) as
recording source (R); you may need to do

sudo apt install aumix

first, though. Of course, you can use any gui mixer app that can handle
the OSS mixer device instead of the shell command to set the recording
source. Just select the channel that is usually labeled "Vol".

> Can arecord use mp3 format?

Not directly as far as I know. However you can use something like:

arecord -V stereo -f cd | sox -t wav -r 44100 -c 2 -b 16 - test.mp3

(requires sox and libsox-fmt-mp3). This should create a 128 kBit/sec CBR
mp3 output file. Please consult the manpages of arecord and sox for fine
tuning each command's options.

Best regards

Michael

Totally illogical, there was no chance.
                -- Spock, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2822.3