On Sun, 17 Oct 2021 09:00:52 -0400
JAMES BOSWELL <boswelljame...@gmail.com> wrote:

> if i divide my hard drive and install debian lynx on it. will i be
> able to effectively run debian on this laptop?

The best way to find that out is to get a Live version of Debian, and
see if boots and runs without problems.

> Device name LAPTOP-R4DB7V5U
> Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-10110U CPU @ 2.10GHz   2.59 GHz
> Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.81 GB usable)
> Device ID CAACC244-37B7-4294-84E4-E73B9C030FDF
> Product ID 00356-02325-39311-AAOEM
> System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
> Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
>
> Edition Windows 10 Home
> Version 21H1
> Installed on ‎4/‎2/‎2021
> OS build 19043.1288
> Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0
>
> i know about enough to fill a thimble but i'm hopeful and any guidance
> would be greatly appreciated and i would follow it to the T's

Since your knowledge of Linux admittedly is severely lacking, I would
recommend thoroughly researching Linux, in general, and Debian, in
particularly, BEFORE attempting any install. And the first attempt be
on a system you don't mind trashing.

And always keep in mind: Linux is NOT Windows.  So never assume that
the way you did it on Windows will work on Linux.

Welcome to the neighborhood.