piorunz writes:

On 17/10/2021 23:31, Linux-Fan wrote:
Back then, I got it from
https://www.amd.com/en/support/professional-graphics/radeon-pro/radeon-pro- w5000-series/radeon-pro-w5500
under
"Radeon(TM) Pro Software for Enterprise on Ubuntu 20.04.2" and the
download still seems to point to a file with the same SHA-256 sum.

It could be worth trying the exact same version that I used?

Thanks for your reply.

I have Radeon 6900XT, which is different type of card. Not sure if
https://www.amd.com/en/support/professional-graphics/radeon-pro/radeon-pro- w5000-series/radeon-pro-w5500
will work for me?

I use a Radeon Pro W5500.

AMDs website leads me to
https://www.amd.com/de/support/graphics/amd-radeon-6000-series/amd-radeon-6900-series/amd-radeon-rx-6900-xt
for your GPU and proposes to download "Radon(TM) Software for Linux Driver for Ubuntu 20.04.3" which seems to be a different TGZ than what I am using (it has 1290604 vs. 1292797).

I cannot find the list of compatible GPUs for the particular package I have downloaded, the documentation only tells me about "Stack Variants" quoting from it (amdgpu graphis and compute stack 21.20 from the TGZ with 1292797):

| There are two major stack variants available for installation:
|
|  * Pro: recommended for use with Radeon Pro graphics products.
|  * All-Open: recommended for use with consumer products.

Hence it is clear that AMD proposes using the "amdgpu-pro" only with the "Radon Pro" graphics cards. Whether that also means that the driver is incompatible with "consumer products", I do not know.

Searching online yields these links:

* https://wiki.debian.org/AMDGPUDriverOnStretchAndBuster2
* https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-amdgpu-unified-linux-21-20

The second page indicates that "AMD Radeon™ RX 6900/6800/6700 Series Graphics" are compatible with the "Radeon(TM) Software for Linux(R) 21.20". Now whether that document is the correct one to correspond with my downloaded TGZ I cannot really tell. But if they match, it may as well indicate that it is possible to use that driver with your GPU, too.

HTH
Linux-Fan

öö

[...]