Am Freitag, 22. Oktober 2021, 11:38:56 CEST schrieb lina:

Ok, did you install the nvidia-packages for your graphics card?
If yes, please make sure, you blacklist the nouveau kernel module.

If not, you may try these.

If you do not want to use the nvidia-drivers, then make sure, the driver
correct GPU is adressed. There are sometimes notebooks with 2 graphics cards:
one is built within the cpu (especially intel and amd), and the other one is
external. Make sure, that only one graphics card is accessable (I would choose
the better one withg 3d acceleration). To do so, you might either deactivate
it in BIOS (but that may not work!) or use some software solutiuon like
bb-switch or similar (it is in the repo).

Also check, if you set the correct solution. This can be forded by using
xorg.conf (today xorg.conf is generally no more needed), but with an existing
xorg.conf you are able to force things.

When you have got a blank screen only at boot time but then it is ok when
starting X, then two reasons might be reponsible: 1. Your graphics card or
mnonitor can not switch to vesa-mode (this problem appeared at my system), or
your monitor can not work the choosen resolution.

If your monitor is blank at all, then it looks like a wrong set resolution.
Play with xorg.conf.

If your internal monitor is blank, and the external is working fine, it is
either a bios setting problem or a setting in your window manager.

If the internal is fine and the external is blank, check the settings in your
window manager.

On my own system I can not show both screens at boot, only the external is
shown. This is a bios problem by the manufacturer (Siemens Amilo Notebook) and
can not be fixed.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Best regards and good luck!

Hans