Ricardo C. Lopez writes:

 Use case: At work (a school) they use Windows 10 and IT is kind of
fundamentalist about it. So I am thinking of "just" using the RAM and
the processor in their machine. I am thinking of:

 * running Debian Live from an external USB attached DVD player

May work, but is going to run slow. While live images of today are still ISO files, running them from actual DVDs is slow. It will need dedicated preparation time before each use to startup such live images.

 * via Qemu, which, of course, I will have to install and for which I
may need admin rights, and

I am not sure if QEMU on Windows supports the virtualization accelleration yet. If yes, this route might be quite feasible. If no, you could consider using one of the other solutions like Microsoft Hyper V, VirtualBox, VMWare Player. All of them need admin rights. Also: Where would you store the VM's HDD image?

 * attached an external pan and/or microdrive with whatever code I
need for my business.

This is what I would probably try first. Especially consider these two variants:

- Live system from external pen drive (16 GB stick or similar)
  You might consider adding a "persistence" partition such that
  work results can be saved.

- Installed system from external hard drive or large pen drive
  (> 32 GB). This allows for the most "natural" feel of Linux because
  all settings will be saved persistently by default.

 Is such an environment possible? What kinds of technical problems do
you foresee with such setup?, probably with the BIOS? Any tips you
would share or any other way of doing such thing (I don't like to use
Windows, but at work you must use it)?

Problem I foresee: Most likely, your admins have deactivated booting from external devices.

You could also tackle this with a networked approach: Given that your Windows PCs are most likely already properly connected to a common local network, you could make use of that by providing a central "Linux server" - if your admins insist, it could be a Windows host with Linux in VMs. Then, you could access it from any windows host either vith a virtualization client software (VMWare vSphere?) or through the SSH and VNC protocols.
HTH and YMMV
Linux-Fan

ΓΆΓΆ