On Mon 13 Dec 2021 at 08:44:44 -0800, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Dec, 2021 at 9:35 AM, Brian <a...@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Let's try a driverless network solution. OK with you? Please give the
>> output of 'driverleess'.
>
> ipp://Brother%20MFC-J6920DW._ipp._tcp.local/
>
> That's the crippled, incomplete, extremely slow version, USB-2 is many times
> faster.

It is probably best we part company at this point. You have rejected my
direction of travel in advance of any help to be offered and do not want
to follow it.

> I finally got two versions of it's profile running yesterday by re running
> the
>
> installer from brother, which downloaded and installed 2 of the 6 files, new
>
> and improved, as of Dec 6th, and except for the speed, a bit slower than the
> stretch versions but tolerable. So duplex now works as does paper tray
> selection.

Everything is under control. Try to keep it that way.

Incidentally, your prejudiced remarks about Apple were (at best) on the
misleading side. Debian CUPS does not use Apple's repositories.

--
Brian.