Hi.

On Sun, Jan 30, 2022 at 10:23:12PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 30. Januar 2022, 21:53:00 CET schrieb Reco:
>
> > > BTW which package in bullseye can play mp4?
> >
> > mpv or vlc. Everything else is not a media player anyway.
>
> Hmm.......
> I had very good success with smplayer on slower computers.

An mpv or mplayer frontend. Most probably you've used mpv one, it's
listed first in the Depends list.

> So I would not say, others are no mediaplayers.

Everyone should be allowed some exaggeration now and then, me included
:)
Let me say it another way - if one needs a mediaplayer that will play
everything one throws at it, and wants to disregard assorted frontends
available - there are exactly two choices. First is mpv, and second is
vlc.

> Aso XINE looks like a good player,

That's its appearance, indeed. Subject to change once one starts using
the thing.

> too, or kaffeine.

It's KDE VLC frontend.

Reco