On 2022-02-01 14:47, pe...@easthope.ca wrote:
Thanks.  Still a multi-user system.

Whereas puppy linux has one user, root.

To make debian one-user I think of

Then proceed as root rather than me.

Oh! Is your goal to only have root? I assumed you wanted to login as root, but didn't configure a password for root at setup.

As far as I know there's no option in the standard install to not create a user account and only create a root account.

But assuming you have a root password set just remove non-root users:
deluser username

Just keep in mind stuff like ssh isn't configured to let root log in by default. (Important in case you're doing this remotely and won't be able to login again, without changing the default settings).

I can't think of a case where you'd want to remove all non root users though...

Bijan