On Sun, Feb 06, 2022 at 11:58:52PM +0100, José Luis González wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Feb 2022 15:59:34 -0500
> Greg Wooledge <g...@wooledge.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Feb 06, 2022 at 09:55:02PM +0100, José Luis González wrote:
> > > Thanks everybody for your input.
> > >
> > > Does anybody know why the X copy/paste issue is happening? So far I
> > > have only got help with time.
> >
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2022/02/msg00144.html
> >
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2022/02/msg00151.html
>
> Thanks for the tip, but I'm afraid it isn't bracketed paste. I'm suffering
> from this everywhere, not only in bash.

What symptom are you actually seeing?  What happens when you click the
middle button, while focus is on a terminal sitting at a bash prompt,
and while something has been selected?

Do you get a mangled paste?  Do you get a correct paste, except that it's
in "inverse video"?  Do you get nothing at all?

If it's nothing at all, how sure are you that it's not a hardware problem?
Have you tried a different mouse?  Have you tried using xev to see whether
the Button2 up/down events are actually being received by the X server?