Dearie

Thanks for your clarification.

> Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2022 at 8:16 PM
> From: "Tim Woodall" <debianu...@woodall.me.uk>
> To: "Stella Ashburne" <rewe...@gmx.com>
> Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: What should I put inside the file called wlan0?
>
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2022, Stella Ashburne wrote:
>
> > Dearie,
> >
> > Thanks for your reply.
> >
> >> Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2022 at 3:10 AM
> >> From: to...@tuxteam.de
> >> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> >> Subject: Re: What should I put inside the file called wlan0?
> >

> > Are you saying that I can cut out the above contents and paste them into a
> > file called wlp7s0 (whose path is /etc/network/interfaces.d/)?
> >

> Yes, but you need to have this in /e/n/i

Did you mean /etc/network/interfaces AND /etc/network/interfaces.d/wlp3s0 each
must have the following contents:

# The primary network interface
allow-hotplug wlp3s0
iface wlp3s0 inet static
       wpa-ssid JupiterRising
       wpa-psk {a long string of alphanumeric characters}
       address 192.168.1.99/24
       gateway 192.168.1.1
       # dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if installed
       dns-nameservers 1.1.1.1 8.8.8.8

> source-directory /etc/network/interfaces.d

What did you mean by source-directory /etc/network/interfaces.d ? I am a bit
confused.

Best regards.

Stella