didier gaumet <didier.gau...@gmail.com> writes:

> Le mardi 08 mars 2022 à 12:12 +0000, Richmond a écrit :
> [...]
>> I don't know if there are
>> any distributions other than debian which still support kernel 4.
>
> A RHEL 8 clone (Almalinux, Rocky Linux...) should do: kernel is blocked
> to 4.18 until EOL in 2029 (end of full support may 2024, other support
> unspecified right now)

Thanks. It looks like there are plenty of distros I have never heard of
to choose from:

https://distrowatch.com/search.php?pkg=linux&relation=similar&pkgver=4.18&distrorange=InLatest#pkgsearch
https://distrowatch.com/search.php?pkg=linux&relation=similar&pkgver=4.19&distrorange=InLatest#pkgsearch

But it will be difficult because not all the ones I have tried in the
past have managed to cope with the additional tv-out feature that I want
to use with nvidia-settings. Now that I have it working I fear to change
it.