On 3/17/22 22:39, Alexander V. Makartsev wrote:
On 18.03.2022 08:18, David Christensen wrote:

STFW I am unable to determine if the LSI 9207-8i HBA (SAS 2308 I/O controller) is supported by Linux and Debian (?).  Suggestions?
This adapter has VEN_ID 1000 & DEV_ID 0087.¹
Output from "$ sudo modinfo mpt3sas" suggests that devices based on this controller should be supported.

¹ https://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/1000/0087

Thank you for the reply.  :-)

"The PCI ID Repository" is an interesting and useful resource:

    https://pci-ids.ucw.cz/

STFW using the site name and the card model finds that PCI identifier:

https://html.duckduckgo.com/html?q=site%3Apci%2Dids.ucw.cz%20LSI%209207%2D8i

Given a PCI card and/or chip make and model, how do I find if and what Debian version/ Linux device driver supports it?

David