On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 07:03:01AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
> I am not upgrading in place.
>
> I currently have Debian 9.13 installed on one partition with /home on a
> different partition.
>
> I will install Debian 11.3 on a fresh partition and have /home remain on its
> current partition.
>
> I'm aware of cautions about upgrading in-place  cf
> [https://www.debian.org/releases/bullseye/amd64/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html]
>
> Are there things to be aware of when using the same /home partition on both?

Desktop environments and some programs (libre office,
browsers, that kind of stuff) putting their user configs
in your home might get confused should you plan to change
back-and-forth.

Most of the time they expect to upgrade their configs,
but not necessarily to downgrade.

The OS itself should be fine, though.

Cheers