On Sun, Apr 24, 2022 at 04:02:31PM -0400, Haines Brown wrote:
I use mutt to send messages through exim4. Some messages lack a
sender.

Any idea what circumstances result in messages which do, or do not, have
a Sender? Do you have anything relevant in /etc/email-addresses?

Here is a log emtry showing that from: address is blank:

Sender: or From:? or SMTP FROM? I'm not familiar enough with Postfix to
interpret the logs, but, it seems to be talking about Sender:.
I would start by trying to rule out some of the software involved here.
Try using swaks to generate test mails to your local exim, ruling out
mutt, and then use swaks directly to your Postfix relay, and see if you
get different results.

--
Please do not CC me for listmail.

👱🏻      Jonathan Dowland