On 07/05/2022 02:17, A_Man_Without_Clue wrote:
On 3/13/22 08:24, Stefan Kropp wrote:
On Sa, 2022-03-12 23:00:33, Mongoose wrote:
When may we see Dino messenger included in Debian stable?

The dino XMPP IM Messenger is part of Debian [1]

Version 0.2.0-3 in stable
Version 0.3.0-2~bpo11+1 in stable backports

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/dino-im

Just being curious.

How many of you use XMPP chatting clients?
I was just trying some of those available on LINUX including this Dino-Im and conversations app on android, but desktop clients are not really usable.
I've tried a few over the years. Currently, I'm using Thunderbird as my XMPP client.

What about SIP phone/messaging?

I am trying Linphone on my desktop and android but android version is quite buggy...
Android has SIP calling built in. Typically, you want to open the Phone app, enter the menu and select "Calling Accounts". Just be aware that being online to receive calls tends to use more battery than being on a GSM network does.

Any thoughts about these apps?