On Thu 02 Jun 2022 at 08:53:12 (-0500), Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 05/31/2022 08:13 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
> > I'm using firmware-11.3.0-amd64-netinst.iso to install Debian onto
> > a Lenovo T510 [Thinkpad].
> >
> > I know the netinstaller works on this laptop as I have done a
> > successful install when within range of of local library's wifi
> > and the installer is successfully detecting multiple local wifi
> > sources.
> >
> > I am doing a fresh install from home using an Alcatel Linkzone to
> > connect to my T-mobile account. I have had no problems doing this
> > with standard netinstallers.
> >
> > After an install over library wifi the system had no problem
> > connecting to the internet via the Linkzone.
>
> This is just a status report.
> The above referenced installer *WILL* work when the target machine is
> connected to the internet via an Alcatel Linkzone.
>
> The failed installs were evidently triggered by the immediately
> previous Linkzone usage history.

So it would appear that these unsupported statements:

. it effectively reacts as a traditional modem

. The Alcatel [with WiFi disabled] is physically plugged into a USB port.
  To the unsophisticated user there is no way to distinguish it from a
  modem which has auto-dialed a specific server.

have been contradicted by observation.

> I still owe David a response to his last post.

No need. The above clears up the point made in the body of your OP,
and I have nothing more to add on the Subject line, as what I've
already posted pretty much exhausts my knowledge of DHCP.

Cheers,
David.