On Thu, Aug 04, 2022 at 01:27:21PM +0200, Johan Kröckel wrote:
> ~# date; cat /etc/apt/sources.list;apt update; apt upgrade; apt-cache
> policy base-files
[...]
> OK:1 http://security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security InRelease
> OK:2 http://packages.microsoft.com/repos/code stable InRelease
>

> OK:3 https://updates.signal.org/desktop/apt xenial InRelease
>

> OK:4 https://deb.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security InRelease
>

> OK:5 https://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye InRelease
>
> OK:6 https://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb stable InRelease
>
> OK:7 https://packages.microsoft.com/repos/microsoft-debian-bullseye-prod
> bullseye InRelease
> OK:8 https://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-updates InRelease
> OK:9 https://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports InRelease

You've got other entries in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ that you haven't
shown, and at least one of them contains Ubuntu packages (xenial).

>   Installiert:           11.1+deb11u3
>   Installationskandidat: 11.1+deb11u3
>   Versionstabelle:
>  *** 11.1+deb11u3 500
>         500 https://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye/main amd64 Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>
> Hope, this is complete enough.

I can only think of three things here.

1) Maybe that xenial line is breaking something.  I would definitely not
   have ANYTHING from Ubuntu on a Debian system.  That said, I don't know
   precisely how it would break things without leaving visible traces.

2) Maybe your lists (in /var/lib/apt/lists/) are wrong somehow, in a way
   that's preventing "apt update" from retrieving the current ones.  You
   could try removing the deb.debian.org_* lists, and re-running apt
   update.

3) Maybe deb.debian.org keeps giving you a mirror that isn't in sync.
   You could try a country-specific mirror instead.