Wow, that is profoundly unfortunate.
Did you ever investigate via the admin at the time?
Have been with shellworld more than 20 years now. makes me wonder if that was back in the block an address suspected, even with no reason, days? Microsoft did that to me to hotmail, and the admin at the time for shellworld worked with me to fix that issue.
Karen