Folks:

I just installed Debian testing. I do PHP development. I host live
websites at /var/www/html and development sites at
/home/paulf/public_html. I have Apache configured so that
localhost/~paulf/ gets me to the sites at /home/paulf/public_html.

I have an index.html and a script to test PHP functionality in both
locations. The phpinfo.php script consists of <?php phpinfo();.

All of this works fine in both locations with straight HTML pages. And
it works fine for PHP pages at /var/www/html. However, when I try to
access the phpinfo.php script at ~/public_html, I get a blank page and
the Apache log gives a 304 error (I've refreshed the cache in Firefox).
The php.ini config file has "open_basedir=", so that it should function
in any directory. And just for testing, the phpinfo.php script at
~/public_html has permissions 777.

Can anyone explain this, and how to fix it?

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster
Personal Blog: http://noferblatz.com