On Sat, 17 Sept 2022 at 21:38, Curt <cu...@free.fr> wrote:
> On 2022-09-17, Andrew M.A. Cater <amaca...@einval.com> wrote:

> > links does have the facility to dump the text to an output file.
>
> That is not what is conventionally meant by a screenshot, which is a
> digital image of a computer display. Maybe we should ask Karen what she wants
> and what she means, specifically, by 'screenshot' before launch.
>
> Because if all she wants and needs is a text dump, the goose chase has
> been unnecessarily wild.

Guessing games are hard. Regarding "unnecessarily" ...

The documentation website for 'links' is at:
  http://links.twibright.com/user_en.html

and says:
"You will find here a complete guide for using the Links web browser"

and it contains nothing at all about a '-dump' option.

In the absence of Karen advising what OS her Links is running
in, I doubted the wisdom of relying on a Linux manpage.

In the absence of Karen advising what OS her screen
output device is running in, we're not able to advise how
she could use that to screen capture, either.

I sincerely hope she can dump to a file on her shell account.

And then we can go back to talking about Debian.