On Sat 19 Nov 2022 at 20:38:46 (+0000), Gareth Evans wrote:
> On Sat 19 Nov 2022, at 20:15, Gareth Evans <donots...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> [...]
> > I'm not sure this is a Tb bug, just perhaps a "purist" way of doing
> > things ...
>
> I had assumed no blank line preceding a boundary was required as Tb still
> processes the boundary without one, but
>
> https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2049.html#page-15
>
> suggests this is in fact a requirement.  So perhaps a bug.

I don't see where the RFC talks about blank lines.

The text part of my emails (where they include an attachment) end
as usual with the characters "David.<Newline>", and that Newline
is the last character of mine. It's then followed by another
Newline which is the start of the Unique Boundary Marker.

  David.<Newline><Newline>BOUNDARY MARKER
          ↑  ↑    ↑     ↑
          mine    marker's

That pair of Newlines give the appearance of a blank line, which
you assume is necessary.

If there were only one Newline, it would belong to the marker,
and my text would finish at the Period. You can sometimes
observe this with non-text parts because, for example, HTML
parsers don't necessarily care whether </html> is followed
by Newline.

Cheers,
David.