On Tuesday, December 06, 2022 07:01:07 AM Richard Owlett wrote:
> I just tried it on both of my machines.
> It lacks ability to set the right margin. I want to insert a paragraph
> such that the effective LEFT margin [when line wraps at RIGHT margin] is
> the indent level.

Just as a followup to my earlier reply, in kate (and I believe in kwrite),
when you indent the first line of a (soft wrapped) paragraph, the remaining
lines in that paragraph are (left) indented to the same place as that first
line.

(If you want subsequent paragraphs indented to the same place, indent the first
line of those subsequent paragraphs.)

There are auto-indent features.
--
rhk

If you reply: snip, snip, and snip again; leave attributions; avoid HTML;
avoid top posting; and keep it "on list".  (Oxford comma included at no
charge.)  If you change topics, change the Subject: line.

Writing is often meant for others to read and understand (legal agreements
excepted?) -- make it easier for your reader by various means, including
liberal use of whitespace and minimal use of (obscure?) jargon, abbreviations,
acronyms, and references.

If someone else has already responded to a question, decide whether any
response you add will be helpful or not ...

A picture is worth a thousand words -- divide by 10 for each minute of video
(or audio) or create a transcript and edit it to 10% of the original.