On Sun, Dec 18, 2022 at 3:56 PM Timothy M Butterworth
<timothy.m.butterwo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 18, 2022 at 2:16 PM Soós Dániel <soosdaniel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, it works. On Ubuntu it works too, but there wasn't always internet.
>> Is your internet stable on the Testing distro? What is your experience on
>> Testing?
>

> My experience with testing is good. My HDMI Sound also did not work with
> Debian 11. It works great with testing. Testing is essentially a rolling
> distro. There are people who claim that it is not good to run testing because
> it does not receive security updates but that is not totally correct. Testing
> receives new major and minor versions of software so it gets both feature and
> security updates.

++. The security updates are important. Everyone gets the security
updates. But more important are the major and minor releases (instead
of just the point releases). Oftentimes security bugs are mislabelled
and masked behind innocuous looking bugs. You need the latest major
and minor releases to get them fixed.

Also see
https://thenewstack.io/design-system-can-update-greg-kroah-hartman-linux-security/,
and his discussion of the TTY1 bug.

> I like Testing better than Ubuntu, but I honestly do not care much for
> Ubuntu. I do not like the color scheme that Ubuntu uses and I do not like
> Canonical's licensing agreements.

Jeff