On 1/2/23 09:12, to...@tuxteam.de wrote:
On Mon, Jan 02, 2023 at 08:46:37AM -0500, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Mon, Jan 02, 2023 at 11:30:02AM +0000, debian-u...@howorth.org.uk wrote:
On Sun, Jan 01, 2023 at 11:31:38AM -0800, pe...@easthope.ca wrote:
It's first quad is 9, binary 0110.

Eh? 9 is 0101 in binary! 0110 is denary 10.

Embarrasing. That means I was off-by-three (my personal
record, I think), and that the VM manager is cheating.

Thanks&cheers

Stuff happens Tomas. OTOH if I got that answer, I would be analyzing the logic to see where a stuck bit could take place with a scope probe in one hand, and the hot soldering iron in the other. By the time I quit school in the 40's and went to work fixing radio's, then tv's when they came out, I already had those grafted to my hands. The rest as they say, is history. Now I'm a 21 year retired old coot trying to keep up with computing.

Happy new year all.

Take care, stay warm and well all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)