Anssi Saari (12023-01-09):
> Wow. It's exactly what I need since I've started to use a USB switch in
> my home office. Assuming it works for me of course. I've thought about
> writing a udev rule but haven't gotten around to it.

I hope the program I wrote can help you.

> I've tried to run xmodmap after the keyboard is hot plugged (via telling
> the USB switch to switch) but it's like the xmodmap doesn't take even
> after I added a delay. Although it seems it worked sometimes. Maybe the
> issue is I've tried to run xmodmap from the other computer over ssh, I
> don't know.

Does the xmodmap effect stay if you run it manually after the keyboard
is hot-plugged?

If so, then you probably already something watching for new devices and
applying a layout. Maybe your desktop manager, they have a habit of
ruining simple things.

If not, then you need to get it to work reliably before you can consider
automating it.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George