On Tue, 10 Jan 2023 08:34:05 -0500
Greg Wooledge <g...@wooledge.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 10, 2023 at 08:24:11AM -0500, pa...@quillandmouse.com
> wrote:
> > What you wrote triggered something. I'd been following the Python
> > curses docs, which tell you to write, for example, "A_REVERSE". And
> > Python was throwing exceptions. But based on what you wrote, I
> > substituted "curses.A_REVERSE", which works.
> >
> > Problem solved... for now.
>
> I'm a Python novice, but I believe what you're seeing is the
> difference between

No, here's what happened. I was going along, and I used "A_REVERSE" in
my code, according to the online docs. Exception, didn't recognize the
name. That didn't make sense; this attribute is basic to curses. So I
started investigated versions of Python, ncurses, Python curses, etc.

But as it turns out, instead of typing "A_REVERSE", I should have
ignored the docs and typed "curses.A_REVERSE". That worked, and
obviated the whole versioning problem.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster