* On 2023 12 Jan 16:58 -0600, Intense Red wrote:
> > Everything online hints that attempting repair is particularly
> > dangerous, but what else am I to do?
>
>    You sum up my experience with BTRFS. I too was "scared" off from it and
> reformatted my BTRFS partitions and went back to ext4 -- it's a  known
> quantity fit for humans with tons of advice of how  to handle problems/errors.

I had experimented with BTRFS some years ago as its virtual partitions
feature is attractive for things like tmp, var, and usr where each is
"separate" but is part of a larger fixed partition.  Choosing proper
sizes is eased somewhat.  Other than that its not my choice, usually.
In this case the card came already formatted with the root partition as
BTRFS so I left it alone.

An SSD is on order.  I still have to use a micro-SD card for the boot
partition as the MICRO cannot boot directly to the SSD as far as I know.

- Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB