On Sat, Jan 14, 2023 at 09:12:06PM +0000, debian-u...@howorth.org.uk wrote:
> There is:
>
> https://docs.salome-platform.org/latest/dev/cmake/html/index.html
>
> Which I suppose is what Gary was referring to?

Hmm... maybe.  Of course that's on a separate hostname.

With a bit more digging, I also found, from the main page of the
Salome project:

Resources -> FAQ -> https://www.salome-platform.org/?page_id=428

This has the following instructions:

4. How to install SALOME on linux ?
First, download SALOME for your specific operating system version. If
your OS is not supported, you can use the “universal version”.

Extract the archive.

Then, check that the dependancies are installed on your OS:

./sat config SALOME-9.8.0 --check_system
Check that your graphic card is well configured for 3D rendering.

Then launch SALOME with:

./salome
More information is  available in the README file.

You may need Javascript enabled to read these instructions.  The whole
web page is stupidly fancy, with moving crap everywhere, instead of just
presenting information sanely.

Do note that the current release is apparently 9.9.0 rather than 9.8.0,
so I imagine that ./sat command might need a small adjustment.