gene heskett wrote:
> So something like this needs to be said:
>
> Make it easier for John Q. Public's like me to contribute to those
> support funds. I'm not Elon Musk, but I could manage a $50 bill from
> time to time.  Make it easier for the users who have benefited greatly,
> to supply some of those expenses, please.
>
> We are also very aware that info on the suppliers of such funds is a
> valuable commodity to the hacker. There are quite a number of American
> based charities I do not contribute to simply because they insist on
> ones social security number. That ain't gonna happen. Make it the equ of
> me handing you a $50 bill, untraceable cash, no strings attached. It's
> my thank you.

  https://www.spi-inc.org/donations/

  they will take checks or money orders, no cash, that's silly
but i guess it would be hard to keep track of anyone handling
the mail not lifting funds if people sent cash.

  another approach would be to ask if there are any people
you know who will send the money order or check for you.
sure it's an extra step and a bit of an impediment that is
not a reason not to contribute.

  in the past the other way i normally would send an amount
to Debian was through the websites that would offer disks
for sale and they often had an additional entry for an
extra amount to go to Debian.

  and for those in the techie field or work for larger
corporations you could ask your company to make the donation
and then give the corporation the extra funds to go along
with whatever they're willing to send.

  some local chapters may take paypal or cash and be
willing to pass it along.

  songbird  (more than one way to get it done