krys...@ibse.cz writes:

> PS: Some commercial memtests should allegedly be able to inject ECC
> errors (for example the one from passmark), have anyone tried those?

I've tried Passmark's memory tester (the commercial one which includes
ECC error injection), but I've had no luck. My desktop has issues with
mouse and keyboard support in it and Grub as well, it's so bad it's
practically impossible to do anything. It's my only "modern" system with
a Ryzen 5600X and ECC RAM.

My router and file server have ECC RAM but those systems are BIOS only
and I can't boot Passmark's thing on them since it requires UEFI. I have
an oldish Intel laptop with ECC RAM also which is apparently the only
one of my computers where Passmark's thing could run. Haven't tried it
though.