I have an NVidia GF108 video card. It works just fine, so I don't see a
reason to replace it.

It needs the nvidia-legacy-390xx-driver.

But when I installed Debian 11, it chose the 470 driver, which doesn't
work with GF108.

Maybe that was caused by selecting "install all the drivers" instead of
"install only the relevant drivers." I thought that meant "download
them all in case you install some new hardware."

Shouldn't the installer install only the drivers for the relevant
hardware, even if it downloads all of them?

I'm not going to re-install just to do an experiment to see if the
installer does it right if I tell it to install only the relevant
drivers.