Feb 28, 2023, 12:24 by loca...@tutanota.com:

> Feb 28, 2023, 09:04 by timothy.m.butterwo...@gmail.com:
>
>> I just updated my media center PC from Debian Bullseye to Debian Bookworm.
>> The upgrade went alright. I initially had to download almost 2GB of 1640
>> packages. Around 600 failed to upgrade and I had to manually install them in
>> small chunks to fix the dependencies.
>>

> Sounds like you were doing something wrong. Some packages may fail but
> certainly not 600 of them, at least not the packages that were installed
> manually. Packages that were auto-installed should not be installed manually.
>
> In my case, about 5 packages had to (re)installed manually when I was
> upgrading from Debian 11 to 12.

Just to add to the above:

If a package fails to upgrade, use "aptitude show <package>" to find out if the
package was automatically installed. If it was then use "aptitude why
<package>" to find out what manually installed package requires it, then
reinstall that manually installed package, it will automatically install all
the dependencies it needs.

Regards,