On 2023-03-05 16:22:25 +0800, Ken Young wrote:
> 1. scp
> pros: the native tool in the OS
> cons: you will either input password or put key pairs into servers for
> authentication.

I would not see this as a cons.

> 2. rsync
> pros: it can transfer data by increasement
> cons: you need to setup rsyncd server and make the correct authorization.

When I use rsync, I use it always over SSH (for security), and
no need for rsyncd in this case.

> 3. ftp/ftps
> pros: easy to use
> cons: need to setup ftpd server, and the way is not that secure?

I use sftp to transfer files between my Debian laptop and my
Android phones. This is secure, as this is a protocol over SSH.

I also use Subversion (over SSH) for files I want to keep.

And unison for my mail (stored in Maildir format).

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vinc...@vinc17.net> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>