On Sun, Mar 26 2023 at 05:07:29 PM, Andy Smith <a...@strugglers.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 26, 2023 at 04:51:25AM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
>> I have to build the kernel driver as an external DKMS
>> module from:
>>
>>     https://github.com/lwfinger/rtw89
>>
>> Specifically that is the rtw_8852be module.
>>
>> That works fine, but it seems that this driver actually is present
>> in upstream kernel versions somewhere in v6.1.x.
>
> After asking about this on debian-kernel it was pointed out that the
> driver is not actually functional until somewhere in the 6.2
> upstream kernel, so is unlikely to be making it to a 6.1 LTS kernel
> that will be found in bookworm.
>
> It may be in the trixie kernel package and/or I may end up getting
> it from some future bookworm-backports kernel package, so the
> question still remains about the proper way to transition from a
> DKMS to an included module.

If you used dkms add to install the driver in the first place, dkms
remove will remove it.  See the manpage for the dkms command for
details.

If you installed a -dkms package to get the kernel module (there are
several such packages in the debian repositories), uninstalling it will
remove it.

--
regards,
kushal