On Sun, 16 Apr 2023 10:47:21 +0200
Michel Verdier <mv...@free.fr> wrote:

Hello Michel,

>anacron is launched from systemd
>/lib/systemd/system/anacron.service
>/lib/systemd/system/anacron.timer

Unless;

<quote>
anacron (2.3-36) unstable; urgency=medium

  If you run Debian testing/unstable and ever installed anacron 2.3-33 on
  a systemd based system, then anacron will no longer be enabled and the
  daily/weekly/monthly cron jobs will not be run until it is.
</quote>

I'm sure most people affected by the issue (I was one of them) have now
corrected it.  However, just in case, here's how to find out if you are
affected and the solution;

<quote>
  To see if a system is affected you can use these commands:

    zgrep -i anacron.*2.3-33 /var/log/apt/history.log*
    systemctl status anacron.service anacron.timer

  To re-enable anacron you can use these commands:

    sudo systemctl enable anacron.service anacron.timer
    sudo systemctl start anacron.service anacron.timer
</quote>

Credit to: Lance Lin <lq27...@gmail.com> Wed, 11 Jan 2023 21:15:22 +0700
(who included the above as part of an anacron update)

--
 Regards  _       "Valid sig separator is {dash}{dash}{space}"
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"