David Wright wrote:
> That must be nice. I don't know what it might have cost. I'm afraid
> I only use cast-offs. The oldest has ½GB memory.

  i have some older memory sticks and chips that i will gladly
send to anyone who has older machines.  the only condition i
would have for the gift is to pass them on to anyone else who
might need them as i'm not going to "part out" the list to one
item at a time.  so you get the whole small pile of sticks/chips.

  first come, first served.  send me an e-mail (to this address)
with your mailing address.

  let me see what i have (i'm in need of a distraction this
morning so here's the list as best i can see them - i'm not
a PC or memory guru so i don't know exactly what these are
now as it has been quite some time since i pulled them and
aside from what is right on the chips all i can say is that
they were working when i pulled them):

  (pins not as well plated with gold)
  2 pcs - IC side markings HYUNDAI KOREA, 8 IC's,
            (markings on IC HY5117400A J-70 9629A KOREA)
        - 1 other side markings  ST-102A  HYM532410AM-70 6H82AA
        - 2 other side markings  ST-103   HYM532410AM-70 6H82AA
        - 72 pins if the numbers next to the pins are right

  (these ones are heavier and have a nice layer of gold
   on the pins compared to the ones above i'd say they
   are works of art)
  2 pcs - IC side markings MADE IN JAPAN, 8 IC's
          both marked QQ18UU 94-VO HB56A13 2BV-7B 9419
        - other side marking on both was SAN-TM94VO
          one marked AD, other marked BB
        - 72 pins

  2 pcs - came from a COMPAC pc, 8 IC's on one side
          (the B might be an 8)
          both marked MTBLSDT864AG-10EC7 PC100-222-620,
          one says 64MB, SYNCH, 100MHz, CL2 other doesn't
          both have part number sticker and other numbers
          on them - i'm not putting them on here...
        - 84 pins

  1 pc - 8 IC's on each side, very thin,
         printed on tag:
           MT1GLSTDT464AG-10BC4 9829 DA ST 617054 PC100-323-620
         the printing is very light on the ICs, i can barely see
           them (as best i can make it out)
         9828 C USA MT 48LC2M8A1 TG -8B S
       - 84 pins

  1 pc - 8 IC's total more pins than 84 (i ain't counting them)
       INFINEON
       printed on tag:
         HYS64D32300HU-5-C   C3E53318
         Assembled in Malaysia