On 04 May 2023 14:42, Igor Korot wrote:
Hi,
I am trying install Debian Buster on the VirtualBox as a guest.

I set the VM to use HostOnly network with DHCP enabled, but when I ran the
installer it failed to auto-configure the network.

How do I solve it?

Thank you.

P.S.: I need python 2, therefore trying to use older version.

Host-only network is only useful to allow network communications between the host and the guest, but not to the outside (local network, internet, etc). It's like an isolated bridge. You can also put several VMs on this bridge so they can communicate together.

Do you need internet access on this VM for your python developments ?
Because if not, just download a full version (DVD ?) of the installer and then do everything offline.

If you need internet, you will have to use NAT, but you got the pointer already.