On 5/3/23, Greg Wooledge <g...@wooledge.org> wrote:
> On Wed, May 03, 2023 at 07:50:30PM -0400, Lee wrote:
>> $ head /etc/sysctl.d/local.conf
>> # my site local preferences
>> #
>> # man sysctl.d
>> #   Configure kernel parameters at boot
>> #   /etc/sysctl.d/*.conf
>> #   key/name/under/proc/sys = some value
>>
>> # accept router advertisements
>> net/ipv6/conf/enp1s0/accept_ra = 1
>>

>> $ cat /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/enp1s0/accept_ra
>> 0
>>

>> Telling the system to read /etc/sysctl.d/local.conf works:
>> $ sudo sysctl --load=/etc/sysctl.d/local.conf
>>   <.. snip lots ..>
>>
>> $ cat /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/enp1s0/accept_ra
>> 1
>>
>> How do I get the system to read it at boot time?
>
> A guess: perhaps this parameter cannot be set during the initial boot,
> because the enp1s0 interface isn't in a working state yet.
>
> If you put another parameter in the same local.conf file, one that's
> *not* tied to a piece of hardware, does it work?

Yes.  All of the directives that do _not_ mention enp1s0 "take".
What's annoying is that all this worked before upgrading to 11.7  ..
and I'm positive of that because this is a server running bind that
now dies on the
  query-source-v6 address xx::yy port *;
line in named.conf :(

Is there a way to get systemd to do <this> list of commands in
/etc/sysctl.d/something.conf
and <that> set of commands in /etc/sysctl.d/somethingElse.conf _after_
all the interfaces come up?

Thanks
Lee