On 28 Apr 2023 00:58, dmacdoug wrote:
On Tue, Apr 25, 2023 at 02:46:38PM +0000, charlie derr wrote:
Greetings fine free software people.

A number of years ago, the little arrows at the top and bottom of the
scrollbar to the right of my "message list" view in thunderbird (I'm
currently using debian stable) disappeared.
[snip]

I've been waiting and hoping you'd get an answer, because I have exactly
the same problem and I haven't found a solution.
[snip]
I've been thinking of movng from T-bird to something else like Claws Mail to
solve the problem but haven't gotten around to it since I usually use Mutt
and only use T-bird on occasions when it's necessary to use a GUI interface.

Yeah, I hate it too when they remove stuff for ... what purpose again ? Who knows. Progress, design, w/e ?

As it seems a problem in the desktop/window manager, I'm not sure changing the software will change anything.
Or is it a desktop skin problem ?

On XFCE too, there are no more "lil arrows" anywhere, just the bars.
Nothing in settings, even the manual ones. But maybe if you ask on the XFCE forum, there is a hidden value to create ?

Also, maybe try running the Windows Thunderbird version under WINE, and it would display the arrows ?
I've not used WINE in a long time, so it's a wild guess.

However, on MATE, it seems the arrows are there !